Выберите правильный вариант.
1. If he had not become a teacher he______to be an actor.
A) would like c) liked
B) would have liked d) will like
2. If I______an umbrella, I would have got wet.
A) would not taken c) did not take
B) would not have taken d) had not taken
3. If you had asked me, I______you the truth.
A) could not tell c) did not tell
B) would not have told d) will not tell
4.1 wish you______more helpful.
A) would be c) were
B) would have been d) are
5.1 wish I______you then.
A) would know c) had known
B) would have known d) knew
6. You went to bed very late last night. You______have gone
To bed earlier.
A) need c) must
B) should d) might
7- We______stop for petrol soon. The tank is almost empty.
A) could better c) must better
B) had better d) might better
8- _______you wait a moment, please?
A) could c) should
B) might d) must
9 Do you think you______lend me your car until next week?
A) ought b) must
С) could d) should
10.______you like a cup of tea?
A) do c) would
B) could d) might
11. Exobiology is the study of life______other planets.
A) in c) on
B) at d) for
12.______aspects of his talk have global applications.
A) one of the c) any of the
B) some d) none
13. The department ordered______new furniture for the
A) many c) some
B) much of d) any
14. My cousin lives______a farm.
A) at c) within
B) in d) on
15. She wished she______a princess when she was a young
A) were c) is
B) was d) be
16. Travellers’ checks are useful when one is travelling because ______people refuse to accept them.
A) quite a few c) few
B) a few d) many
17. He was angry______his friend.
A) with c) on
B) at d) about
18. You______study a lot if you want to pass the exam.
A) should b) have
C) will d) might
19- You______be very proud of your son. He has won so
A) ought c) will
B) had d) must
20.1 was startled______the bitterness in his voice.
A) on c) by
B) in d) with