Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1. We won’t discuss the matter until the headmaster______.
A) will arrive c) arrive
B) won’t arrive d) arrives
2. This time last week he______part in sport events.
A) took c) has taken
B) was taking d) takes
3. That woman is very honest. She never______a lie.
A) tells c) tell
B) has told d) is telling
4. He is one______players in the team.
A) best c) of the best
B) the best d) good
5.______longer he waited______more impatient he became.
A) the, а с) а, а
B) a, the d) the, the
6. It’s careless of you_______the same mistake again and
A) to make c) making
B) make d) having made
7. I’m______busy to talk to you now.
A) enough c) well
8. My grandfather______in a small village all his life.
A) is living c) lives
B) live d) has lived
9. He doesn’t speak______English. Only______words.
A) a little, few c) much, fewer
B) little, a few d) much, a few
10. After having a shower he dried______with a towel.
A) him c) —
B) himself d) oneself
11. This flower______very rare species.
A) is c) is a
B) are d) are a
12.______is for exceptionally young and physically strong
A) a gymnastic c) gymnastics
B) the gymnastic d) the gymnastics
13. "Does it often rain here?" "No, it’s years it______
A) is snowing c) snows
B) snowed d) has snowed
14. He______but now he smokes 10 cigarettes a day.
A) used to smoke c) didn’t use to smoke
B) not used to smoke d) didn’t use to smoking
15.1 wish I______to the party last week. It was boring.
A) have gone c) had gone
B) went d) hadn’t gone
16. My younger sister goes to______school, so my mother
Went to______school to meet her teacher.
A) —, the c) the, —
B) -, — d) the, the
17. The meeting______because of illness of the chairman.
A) postponed c) had to be postponed
B) had postponed d) had to postpone
18. A state of emergency is reported______in Turkey last
A) to have declared c) to have been declared
B) be declared d) declared
19. "I’d get married if I were in your position." "______."
A) So I had c) So had I
B) So would I d) So have I
20. I’d rather you______phone me at work.
A) didn’t c) will
B) don’t d) won’t