Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1. I’d prefer______in the country rather than______in a
A) living, to live c) to live, live
B) to live, to live b) live, living
2. I’m very tired. I would rather not______out this evening,
If you don’t mind.
A) going c) to go
B) go d) went
3.1 would rather you______anyone what I said.
A) don’t tell c) not to tell
B) doesn’t tell d) didn’t tell
4.1 prefer______people to______letters.
A) to phone, to write c) to phone, writing
B) phoning, writing d) phoned, write
5.1 have to meet Tom in ten minutes. I had better______
Now or I’11 be late.
A) going c) go
B) to go d) went
6. It’s time the children______in bed. It’s long after their
A) were c) is being
B) are d) be
7. It’s high time men______to regard women as second-class citizens.
A) to cease c) ceased
B) is ceased d) ceasing
8. We couldn’t find Tom at first. In the end we found him ______in the garden.
A) sit c) to sit
b) sitting d) was siting
9. Do you think I have a chance______the examination?
A) to pass c) passing
B) of pass d) of passing
10. John would rather______to class yesterday than today.
A) have gone c) had gone
B) went d) was going
11. If I had time today I______to the theatre.
A) will go c) would go
B) will be gone d) go
12. If he were not so careless he______the train yesterday.
A) would not miss c) missed
B) would not have missed d) had not missed
13. What would you do if you______to live on the island?
A) would go c) would have gone
B) go d) went
14. The old lady dresses as if it______winter even in the
A) is c) were
B) was d) is being
15. He looked as though he______ten miles.
A) ran c) was running
B) had run d) is running
16. We wish that you______to the party tonight.
A) will come c) comes
B) could come d) come
17.1 wish that I______enough time to finish my homework.
А) had b) have
С) had had d) was having
18.1 wish I______the clothes yesterday.
A) washed c) were washing
B) would wash d) had washed
19. You’re not going to pass the examination unless you ______harder.
A) don’t work c) didn’t work
B) work d) worked
20.1 saw him______into his car and______away.
A) get, drive c) was getting, driving
B) got, drove d) to get, drive