Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1 While John______a car, his wife was doing the laundiy.
A) was repairing c) has been repairing
B) repaired d) had repaired
2______pupils spend ______ their free time doing
A) most, most of c) most of, most of
B) most, most d) most of, most
3. She risked______everything.
A) to lose c) losing
B) loss d) loose
4.1 couldn’t help______when she dropped the ice-cream
On her dress.
A) laugh c) laughing
B) to laugh d) laughed
5. I’ve got______high temperature and a runny nose.
A) an c) the
B)a d) —
6. There is terrible inflation and prices______all the time.
A) are rising c) rose
B) are raising d) raised
7. After five hours of negotiations they agreed______price.
A) for c) of
B) in d) on
8- When the factory closed most of the staff______redundant.
A) were made c) making
B) make d) are made
9. I_______the paper before the train compartment filled
A) was reading c) read
B) had been reading d) have been reading
10. Our manager has found an excellent_______abroad.
A) employment c) post
B) work d) staffing
11. The players were not so well prepared_______the match
As they should have been.
A) for c) with
B) about d) on
12. This time next week I_______in the sun in Greece.
A) lie c) ’11 be lying
B) am lying d) ’11 lay
13. If I_______where she lived I wouldn’t have phoned you.
A) know c) knew
B) ’11 know d) had known
14.1 really can’t imagine_______tonight.
A) coming c) came
B) come d) to be coming
15. My parents never approved_______playing cards.
A) against c) of
B) for d) —
16.1 prefer_______to_______by train.
A) to drive, travel c) driving, travelling
B) driving, travel d) to drive, to travel
17. There is_______beautiful garden behind_______house.
_______roof of_______house is leaking.
A) a, the, the, the c) a, the, a, the
B) a, a, the, the d) a, a, a, a
18 I haven’t read_______of these books but Pete has read
A) no, any c) some, some
B) no, some d) any, some
19.1 don’t read_______I used to.
A) not much c) so much as
B) as much as d) so much
20. Do you think I could offer you_______?
A) an advice c) advise
B) advises d) some advice
21. Her skin was so sensitive_______that she never uses soap.
A) an c) —
22. She soon got_______to driving on the left.
A) uses c) used
B) to be used d) a
23. Everybody is here_______for Nick.
A) apart c) instead
B) except d) besides