Выберите Правильный Вариант.
J Black Americans didn’t enjoy full voting rights in______
Southern United States until the civil rights movement of ______1960s.
A)the, the c)the, —
B) -, the d) -, —
2. His car is______than his friend’s.
A) as expensive c) most expensive
B) less expensive d) the most expensive
3. Listen! Ann______the piano in the next room. She ‘
______for two hours.
A) plays, has been playing
B) is playing, plays
C) is playing, has been playing
D) played, has been playing
4.______200 people applied for the job.
A) nearly c) besides
B) beside d) edge
5.1 don’t mind______at the weekend.
A) work c) working
B) to work d) any work
6.1 can’t stand______in the rush hour.
A) drive c) to drive
B) driving d) driven
7. Maria has been living on the farm______ 1999.
A) since c) in
B) for d) during
8. Can you______the table for me?
A) to lay b) lain
С) lay ‘ d) laying
9. It’s got nothing to do with you. Mind your own______.
A) business c) interest
B) company d) affairs
10. He spent the______day looking for a flat.
A) all c) every
B) total d) whole
11. If you do your homework______you’ll fail the course.
A) care c) careless
B) carefully d) carelessly
12.______cigarettes aren’t as popular as they used to be.
A) the c) some
B) — d) no
13. You’re travelling with much less______than usual.
A) suitcases c) handbag
B) luggage d) packages
14. The landlady is always______at them about the rent.
A) complaining c) asking
B) shouting d) arguing
15. You______to him like that. It was very rude of you.
A) should speak c) should have spoken
B) didn’t have to speak d) shouldn’t have spoken
16. If I were you I______this lie.
A) wouldn’t have told c) told
B) won’t tell d) am telling
17. My doctor has advised______more exercise.
A) to make c) do
B) to do d) doing
18. He insisted______calling the police.
A) for c) on
B) of d) with
19. He had no difficulty______a job.
A) of finding c) to find
B) finding d) find
20. It’s time you______to the dentist.
A) to go c) went
B) go d) going
21. The old lady sat in the armchair talking to______.
A) herself c) her
B) myself d) himself
22.1 recently went back to the town______I was born.
A) when c) that
B) which d) where
23. It was one of______experiences of my life.
A) the worst c) worse
B) worst d) the worse
24.______hard he tried, he still couldn’t cope with the task.
A) although c) though
B) despite d) however
25.1 asked how long they______when the train arrived.
A) waited c) had been waiting
B) had waited d) were waiting