Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1 Five days______week I go to work by train.
A) of c) in
B) the d) a
2. While I was skiing I______and broke my wrist.
A) fell c) fall
B) was falling d) have fallen
3.1______what you are talking about.
A) am not understanding c) didn’t understand
B) not understand d) don’t understand
4. He has______time left.
A) many c) few
B) much d) a few
5. He______on his report since morning. He______the
First two sentences.
A) has been working, has written
B) has worked, wrote
C) had worked, had written
D) was working, wrote
6.1 don’t care who comes to the party. You can bring______
A) whoever c) whenever
B) whatever d) however
7. You need to score______55 % to pass the exam.
A) at c) the latest
B) at least d) the least
8- That’s______restaurant I’ve ever been to.
A) worst c) the worst
B) bad D) Worse
9. When I was younger I_______watch a lot of TV.
A) use c) used
B) am used d) used to
10. The road is icy, so drive_______.
A) care c) careful
B) carefully d) carelessly
11. You can’t blame me_______what happened.
A) of c) for
B) on d) in
12. It’s no_______trying to persuade her.
A) point c) use
B) advantage d) benefit
13. As we approached we_______smell something burning.
A) can c) may
B) were able d) could
14. It’s time we_______a holiday. We deserve a break.
A) had c) to have
B) have d) are having
15.1 don’t think you can_______on him doing this task.
A) rely c) hope
B) expect d) dependent
16.1 am going to finish this composition even if I_______up
A) had to stay c) have to stay
B) ’11 have to stay d) ’11 stay
17. We’ve taken on twenty new_______this year already.
A) employing c) employees
B) employer d) employers
18. How can she afford_______on holiday twice a year?
A) to go c) go
B) going d) to be going
19. He apologized_______making such a noise.
A) of c) for
B) against d) from
20. I’d rather you_______with us.
A) come c) coming
B) to come d) came
21. Did _______ police find _______ person who stole
A) the, the, the c) the, a, the
B) a, the, the d) the, the, a
22. The prisoners refused to eat_______.
A) something c) anything
B) some d) nothing
23.______he waited_______nervous he became.
A) long, much c) the longer, the more
B) longer, more d) longest, most
24.______he wasn’t keen on the idea, he agreed to participate.
A) although c) despite
B) however d) in spite of
25. It is always difficult for older people_______job.
A) finding c) to find
B) find d) to have found