Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1. When we______at the city centre, I’ll get off the train.
A) arrive c) have arrived
B) will arrive d) have to arrive
2. This month the cost of living______by three percent.
A) raised c) has risen
B) rose d) is raised
3. Use your time______. Don’t waste it.
A) sensible c) sensibility
B) sense d) sensibly
4. He would like______pepper in salad.
A) a few c) few
B) a little d) many
5. When I______home my brother______to school.
A) come, went c) ’11 come, had gone
B) came, went d) came, had gone
6. You must carry your ID______you go.
A) whatever c) wherever
B) whenever d) whoever
7. Have you heard______news?
A) at last c) the latest
B) at least d) the least
8. You should______yourself every morning.
A) weight c) weigh
B) weights d) weighed
9.1 used______meat, but now I’m a vegetarian.
A) to eat c) eat
B) to eating d) eating
10. Don’t panic! We’ve got______time.
A) many c) several
B) lots d) plenty of
11.1 love jazz and so______she.
A) does c) did
B) do d) has done
12. If you______me she was a vegetarian I would not have
Cooked this meal.
A) had told c) tell
B) have told d) did tell
13. The police______identify the body yet.
A) have not been able to c) can
B) will be able to d) could
14.1 wish we______more time. I really wanted to stay.
A) had c) have
B) had had d) ’11 have
15. Our teacher is______our slow progress.
A) concerning c) concerned about
B) concerned with d) concern
16.1 will return the book to you as soon as I______it.
A) read c) have read
B) reading d) am reading
17. It’s really not worth waiting. They______have been
Here hours ago.
A) should c) ought
B) can d) can’t
18. He kept us______outside.
A) waiting c) waited
B) wait d) to wait
19. They accused me______driving too fast.
A) for c) against
B) in d) of
20.1 congratulated my mother______her birthday.
A) with c) on
B) for d) of
21. Shall we go by train? Well, I’d______by car.
A) prefer go c) prefer going
B) rather to go d) rather go
22. When you turn into______Tverskaya Street, you will see
Two houses:______red one and______grey one.
A) -, а, а с) а, а, а
B) the, a, a d) -, the, the
23. Some people are selfish. They only think of______.
A) themselves c) ourselves
B) yourselves d) them
24.______I got to know him______I liked him.
A) much, much c) more, more
B) much, more d) the more, the more
25. "I don’t like watching soap operas." "______."
A) Neither do I c) Either do I
B) So do I d) I don’t like it too