Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1.__ sewage into oceans and rivers is a serious form of
A) having dumped c) dumped
B) being dumped d) dumping
2. Since ancient times, iron______to human beings.
A) is known c) is being known
B) has been known d) has been knowing
3. The President worked so hard that his______away from
His desk was rare.
A) has been c) being
B) was d) to be
4. You’d better______from work tomorrow.
A) not be absent c) not to be absent
B) not to absent d) not absenting
5. Last year floods in Europe destroyed______2,000 buildings.
A) many c) just as
B) the same as d) as many as
6- Who______in the office when I______you?
A) were you talking to, phoned
B) did you talk to, phoned
C) were you talking, phoned
D) talked to, was phoning
7 You’ll never jump three metres______hard you try.
A) whoever c) whenever
B) however d) wherever
8- He bought me______expensive ring he could find.
A) at last b) at least
С) the latest d) the least
9. I’ll put on an overcoat in case it______.
A) is raining c) rains
B) rain d) will rain
10. I’m used______my own shirts. I have to look after myself.
A) ironing c) iron
B) to ironing d) to iron
11. We can’t offer you a sandwich because we’ve run______
A) away from c) out from
B) off with d) out of
12. They want______for an interview next week.
A) she will come c) that she comes
B) her coming d) her to come
13. She carried on dancing in______of the pain.
A) spirit c) split
B) spite d) despite
14. We_______wear what we liked at school when we were
A) can c) weren’t allowed
B) are allowed to d) weren’t allowed to
15. I wish we______a few more days, I’d like to see more
A) had had c) had
B) have d) ’11 have
16. There was not enough______for four in the flat.
A) room c) area
B) place d) measurement
17.1 doubt if she______you. You’ve really changed.
A) recognized c) ’11 recognize
B) had recognized d) has recognized
18. The train______have arrived or I would have seen her.
A) mustn’t c) should
B) can’t d) should not
19.1 can’t imagine______a computer at work now.
A) not having c) have
B) having d) to have
20. The arrested man was suspected______robbing a bank.
A) for c) in
B) of d) against
21. I’d rather you______the dinner now.
A) cook c) cooking
B) to cook d) cooked
22. We live in _______ old house in _______ middle of
A) an, the, the c) an, a, the
B) a, the, the d) an, the, a
23. Did the children enjoy_______when they were on holiday?
A) themselves c) yourself
B) ourselves d) yourselves
24.______goods you sell_______profit you’ll make.
A) many, much c) the more, the more
B) more, more d) much, many
25. They______Great Britain several times but this will be
Their first trip to Ireland.
A) visit c) have visited
B) are visiting d) have been visiting