Выберите Правильный Вариант.
1. She also wrote poetry______articles for the local newspaper.
A) alongside she wrote c) as well as writing
B) beside writing d) besides writing
2. The department ordered______new furniture to redecorate its office.
A) many c) a large amount of
B) a large number of d) several
3. Since the beginning of time, women______of as inferior
A) are thought c) think
B) have been thought d) were thought
4. It was evening. My mother______TV and I______
A) watched, did
B) was watching, was doing
C) watched, was doing
D) was watching, did
5. Did you______all the homework?
A) make c) do
B) done d) made
6. Please, don’t disturb me while I______.
A) am eating c) ate
B) eat d) was eating
7. They won’t go swimming if it______.
A) is raining c) rains
B) rain d) will be raining
8. She’s used______. She does it every day.
A) jogging c)jog
B) to jogging d) to jog
9. I______that if I were you.
A) won’t do c) hadn’t done
B) wouldn’t do d) haven’t done
10. What do the initials U. N.O.______?
A) stand up for c) stand by
B) stand up to d) stand for
11.1 felt a bit______after dinner, but now I am awake.
A) sleeping c) sleepy
B) asleep d) slept
12. He______your credit card without your knowing.
A) may be used c) is to use
B) might be using d) use
13.______important piece of______equipment is missing.
A) an, — c) -, —
B) a, — d) the, the
14. One important______about the crime had been overlooked.
A) information c) evidence
B) detail d) knowledge
15.1 work______than anyone but no one seems to notice.
A) harder c) hardly
B) hard d) more hard
16.______the lesson have started already? It’s only 8.
A) must c) ought
B) can d) couldn’t
17- You don’t mind us______along, do you?
A) to come b) come
С) came d) coming
18. What prevented him______meeting us?
A) from c) against
B) of d) in
19. I need a bottle-opener______this bottle.
A) for opening c) to open
B) open d) opening
20. I saw______accident this morning.______driver of
______car was not badly hurt.
A) an, the, the c) an, a, the
B) a, the, the d) an, the, an
21. "Who told you Maria was getting married?" "Maria ______told me."
A) herself c) yourself
B) himself d) myself
22.______we leave,______we will arrive.
A) early, soon c) early, sooner
B) earlier, soon d) the earlier, the sooner
23. Your hair is______colour as mine.
A) identical c) the same
B) looking d) as
24. Don’t worry, there’s______of time. We won’t be late.
A) enough c) many
B) plenty d) much
25. Her tastes are very______to mine.
A) alike c) the same
B) similar d) like