Выберите правильный вариант.
1. Travellers’ checks are useful when one______because
They are always accepted.
A) travel c) has travelled
B) is travelling d) was travelled
2. We usually expect that______bring bad news.
A) a telegram c) telegrams
B) telegram d) the telegram
3. Had I run out of gas, I______called the garage.
A) had c) would
B) would have d) should have
4. It is very quiet at school. The lessons______. The pupils
A) began, have c) have begun, are having
B) begin, are having d) are beginning, have
5. The restaurant is______the post office.
A) besides c) nearly
B) beside d) edge
6. By the time I arrive I’m just too______to work.
A) tiring c) tired
B) tyre d) tyres
7.1 am fond______tennis.
A) of playing c) to play
B) playing d) play
8 At first I felt homesick but soon I got used______abroad.
A) living c) live
B) to living d) to live
9. How many countries took_______in the last Olymp
A) away c) part
B) out d) place
10.1 wish I______speak German.
A) can c) could have
B) could d) will
11. This test is_______more difficult than the previous one.
A) many c) far
B) very d) extremely
12. It must be the wine that is making me feel_______.
A) sleep c) sleeping
B) sleepy d) to sleep
13. The book contained very______useful information.
A) little c) a few
B) few d) many
14. More______into this drug is planned for next year.
A) investigation c) experiment
B) research d) test
15. You look great. You_______have had a good time.
A) should c) may not
B) could d) must
16.1 don’t mind_______long distances if the roads are good.
A) driving c) being driven
B) to drive d) drive
17. He complained_______having to pay extra money.
A) for c) about
B) in d) of
18. It’s no_______trying to escape.
A) use c) used
B) be used d) using
!9. It’s time something_______about the traffic problem in
A) to do c) was done
B) to be done d) is done
20. Tom cut______while he was shaving.
A) myself c) oneself
B) himself d) yourself
21. With this special ticket_______tourist can go_______he
A) any, anywhere, any c) any, anywhere, some
B) some, somewhere, any d) any, somewhere, any
22.1 don’t go out______I used to.
A) not much c) so much as
B) as much as d) so much